The two protocols most often used for audio only streaming are SHOUTcast and Icecast. While mimoLive doesn’t support those natively, it is pretty easy to set up a connection from mimoLive to the free tool “butt” which supports both those protocols.
- Download and install the Mac version of butt (broadcast using this tool).
- Setup a virtual audio device using Loopback or Blackhole.
- Setup an Audio Aux output with the Audio mix you want to stream and select the virtual audio device from last step as the audio device.
- Don’t forget to turn it live.
- Launch “butt” and select the virtual audio device as the microphone.
- Enter your live streaming server info and start streaming!
That’s it. Now you can produce a live video and a separate live audio stream. Or just use mimoLive and mimoCall to produce your live audio stream with guests.
Post your comment on this topic.