Version 5.0 – May, 2019
New mimoLive features:
- New: Layer Sets allow controlling the live state of multiple layers at once, allowing you completely change what’s on the program out with just one tap.
- New: Use the Video Sync Meter layer to measure delays between two video signals.
- New: Added option to drag & drop (or copy & paste) layers between documents. Associated sources (such as media file sources) will be copied automatically.
- New: Newly created sources and layers will now automatically assign an account or source if appropriate.
- Enhancement: Improved Undo for Layer properties and the document dirty state.
- Enhancement: mimoCall now supports clients with modern browsers like Safari in addition to Google Chrome.
- Enhancement: The Program Out view in the Multiview layout now has a red border to make it more visible.
New Workflow for mimoLive Templates
- New: Many new templates with accompanying documentation and tutorials help you get up to speed faster with your particular use case.
- New: The “New Document” window has a new look which makes templates more accessible.
- New: Right-clicking a template allows deletion, renaming or revealing in Finder.
- New: Dragging document templates (.tvtemplate) onto the new document window will add them to the “Your templates” section.
Enhancements for YouTube Live & Facebook Live
- New: Added a button for opening the YouTube dashboard in the Live Streaming Output Destination.
- New: The YouTube Streaming Output Destination can now stop and resume a stream without ending the corresponding YouTube event.
- New: Added a button for checking Facebook account permissions in the account preferences.
Enhancements for Accounts
- Fix: Facebook account creation and token renew issues.
- Fix: Documents restore selected accounts in their sources and layers properly.
- Fix: Sources and layers allow an empty account selection (“None”).
- Fix: mimoLive crashed when the user clicked on the “Reset Password” link in the Boinx Connect login window.
Enhancements for Sources
- New: Media sources now have a context menu to reload or replace a media file.
- Fix: Video frames where distorted when receiving macOS window content from a remote computer via NDI Scan Convert by NewTek.
- Fix: mimoCall screen sharing support restored for Google Chrome and enabled for Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Fix: Audio Dynamics enabled itself magically after reloading a document.
- Fix: mimoLive crashed when opening the Advanced Movie Settings popup.
- Fix: Web browser source crashing for some users when no previous web page was loaded.
Enhancements for Layers
- Fix: Sometimes the Comments layer displayed the wrong avatar image for a comments author.
- Fix: The social media service icon was no longer shown by the Single Comment or Comments layers.
- Fix: When switching a Lower Third layer live for the first time it had a hick-up.
- Fix: The Lower Third layer rendered multi-lined text always as “centered”.
- Fix: The Remote Control Surface button preset for the ATEM Control layer had some misconfigured buttons.
- Fix: Audio was cut off at the beginning when switching on a Audio Only layer.
- Enhancement: All output destinations are checked on show start and a warning is shown for output destinations experiencing issues.
- Fix: In special cases opening a second document caused the app to hang.
- Fix: The detachable Preview and Program window would freeze when their title bar was hidden.
- Fix: mimoLive crashed if the Rendering Performance Monitor was opened but a Layer had no name.
- Fix: Remote Control surfaces couldn’t be resized.
- Fix: In some cases the Mask and Overlay video filter produced upside down images.
- Fix: Minor UI glitches.