Version 6.0 April, 2022
- You can use mimoLive 6 with your current subscription.
- Documents created with mimoLive 5 can be used with mimoLive 6 and vice versa. The document format hasn’t changed.
- Installed license keys starting with “A” will be automatically replaced with new license keys starting with “E” that are electronically signed to confirm their authenticity. If you experience any issues with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- mimoLive now is a universal binary and will run on Macs with Intel processors and Apple Silicon.
- The Sports Graphics package, ATEM Controller layer and Lower Third Pack 1 are now included with every mimoLive Studio & mimoLive Broadcast license.
Cool New Things
- New: “Stingers and Outros” and “Lower Third Playground” templates for you to explore and use.
- New: FFmpeg source which gives mimoLive a much higher flexibility for all kinds of streaming video inputs including SRT and RTMP for use with action cams and drones. (FFmpeg needs to be installed separately.)
- New: Background Removal filter uses machine learning to separate people from the background without the need for a green screen. Background can be removed or blurred.
- New: Lower Third Pro layer uses a transparent video file as background. Animates three phases from a single video file: Intro, loop and outtro.
- New: Visual Radio layer, a video switcher triggered by individual audio sources.
- New: Player List Presenter layer added to the Sports Graphics package. This layer introduces the team members in groups with pictures.
- New: The QR-Code source and the “News” template from our Freebies webpage are now included with mimoLive.
- New: Added the option to update more video source specific parameters via HTTP API.
- New: Layers can now be assigned a color in the layer stack to make them more recognizable.
- New: Blending Mode and Opacity were added to the Placer layer enabling exciting new effects.
- New: Added Handball as a sport to the Sports Graphics package.
- New: Single Comment layer now has the option to truncate the comment to a certain length.
- New: The Stop Watch layer now can be automatically started when the layer goes live.
- New: Show time or a wall clock can be added to the Remote Control Surfaces.
- Enhancement: Color Pickers have been redesigned to provide a better user experience.
- Enhancement: Font color can now be directly chosen from the font selector.
- Enhancement: The source selection popup is now sorted like the source repository (was sorted by kind and name of the sources).
- Enhancement: The Remote Control Surface automatically reconnects to a reappearing document.
- Enhancement: Video Output Test layer now also includes the alpha test pattern.
- Enhancement: Video Switcher layer: Added options to change source label size and to switch them off.
- Enhancement: Updated mimoCall to WebRTC release M96.
- Enhancement: Updated the NDI framework to version 5.0.3.
- Fix: Facebook Reactions layer didn’t respect the font color settings.
- Fix: When editing a Remote Control Surface sometimes an additional button appeared in the lower right corner.
- Fix: New layer variants didn’t work correctly in the Remote Control Surface. Buttons got connected to the wrong variant.
- Fix: “Copy URL to change ‘Text’” on multiline text input fields of layers produced wrong JSON format.
- Fix: AV Sync Test source sometimes didn’t play out in sync (ironically).
- Fix: Reconnecting a mimoCall output destination resulted in a significant audio delay.
- Fix: Sometimes, a gurgling noise could be heard on external audio devices connected with USB.
- Fix: Xkeys remote controls now work with mimoLive on macOS 11 Big Sur and later.
- Fix: The “Powered by mimoLive” layer would change its logo type when clicking in the program out window.
- Fix: The Screen Capture source now correctly selects the screen to capture from after a macOS reboot.
- Fix: The swipe transition was broken in the Placer with Transition layer.
- Fix: Transparent movies with “Straight Alpha” are now rendering the correct mask.
- Fix: Using the Follow layer initially set to manual mode didn’t work.
- Fix: Playlist source items couldn’t be deleted if there were multiple items selected.
- Fix: On MacBook Pro M1 Max, some UI elements in mimoLive caused unnecessary high CPU usage.
- Fix: After ten years a customer spotted a typo in the Save-As-Template assistant.
- Fix: mimoLive won’t quit with two documents open when the “Ignore changes” option was set.
- Fix: Video Switcher and Splitscreen layers wouldn’t display the source names.
- Fix: Receiving a mimoCall on an Intel Mac with macOS 12 Monterey would cause a crash.
- Fix: Rare crash when closing a document and the HTTP server was enabled.
- Fix: Rare crash when working with the Source Performance Monitor.
- Fix: A crash when unplugging a USB webcam.
- Fix: The Window Capture source no longer causes a memory leak when the CPU load is very high.
- Fix: When resizing the main document window while the Window Capture source settings popup is open, mimoLive crashed.
- Fix: When sending a wrongly formatted URL to the mimoLive HTTP API, mimoLive crashed.
- Fix: When trying to apply a video filter to an image with YUV color scheme on macOS 11 Big Sur, mimoLive crashed.