Version 6.0b1 October, 2021
This version adds support for Apple Silicon processors in the M1 Macs. Because this is a big milestone, we want you to get your hands on it as early as possible. We appreciate investing your valuable time to test your documents and letting us know if you find anything that doesn’t work as expected. Thank you for your support!
Please note: It is safe to have this beta version and a release version of mimoLive installed on the same machine. You can use your exiting documents with Version 6 and documents you created in Version 6 will also work in Version 5.
There are some known issues in this beta version:
- mimoCall: The video back channel drops regularly for a second or two. Workaround: Set mimoCall to use VP9 explicitly.
- Virtual Camera Output Destination: The audio may not reach the receiving app. A workaround is to use LoopBack by Rogue Amoeba or Blackhole to send audio to the receiving app.
New and Enhanced:
- New: mimoLive now is a universal binary and will run on Macs with Intel processors as well as M1 Macs.
- New: Replaced the RTSP source with a general purpose FFmpeg Source giving mimoLive a much higher flexibility for all kinds of streaming video inputs including SRT and RTMP. (FFmpeg needs to be installed separately.)
- New: Added “Stingers and Outros” and “Lower Third Playground” templates for you to explore and use; included the “News” template from our Freebies webpage.
- New: Layers can now be assigned a color to make them more recognizable.
- New: Blending Mode and Opacity were added to the Placer layer enabling exciting new effects.
- Enhancement: Video Switcher layer: Added options to change source label size and switch them off.
- Enhancement: The Source selection popup is now sorted like the Source Repository (was sorted by kind and name of the sources).
- Fix: Facebook Reactions layer didn’t respect the font color settings.
- Fix: Rare crash when working with the Source Performance Monitor.
- Fix: Rare crash when closing a document and the HTTP server was enabled.