Virtual Camera Output
The Virtual Camera Plugin simulates the existence of a webcam and takes any input like pictures, pre-recorded videos or edited live videos from cameras.
Using mimoLive’s virtual camera plugin with video conferencing software gives you a lot of advantages:
- Use external cameras
- Switch between several cameras
- Picture in picture video
- Add graphic layers such as logos and lower-thirds for visual improvements
- Show pre-recorded videos
- Screen and Window Sharing
- Display stinger videos
- Display a timer
mimoLive’s Virtual Camera Plugin can be used for any video conferencing software like:
- MS Teams (Virtual Camera is not supported by the MS Teams App and works only in the web browser version)
- Jitsi Meet
- or any other application which accepts a video camera as an input device.
Installing the Virtual Camera Plugin
mimoLive needs a running Virtual Camera plugin which you can install in a few steps.
- Run the installer. Please note that you will be prompted for your administrator password.
- Restart your Mac for the plugins to be loaded into macOS.
Adding a Virtual Camera Output Destination
Add a Virtual Camera Output Destination to your Output Destination list by clicking the + button on top of the list in the rightmost column of your mimoLive document. A popover window will appear with all the Output Destination options available. After double-clicking the Virtual Camera Output Destination icon a new instance will appear in the Output Destination list. The infobox will tell you the status of the plugin and where it is located on your disc.
Using the Virtual Camera
- Open a mimoLive document and add a virtual camera to the output destinations
- Open the third-party software of your choice
- Configure the video and/or audio input of the third-party software to use the device named mimoLive:
- Once mimoLive is streaming video to another application the Virtual Camera Live button turns red
Uninstalling the Virtual Camera Plugin of mimoLive
If you want to uninstall the Virtual Camera Plugin for mimoLive you need to remove two files from your macOS. Please follow these steps:
- Select the “Go To Folder…” item in the “Go” menu of macOS Finder. A new window will pop up asking you for a folder path.
- Enter this path and hit “Go”.
- In the current Finder window the content of the DAL folder should show up.
- Find the “mimoLive Virtual Camera.plugin” file and move it to the trash. You may be prompted to enter an administrator password for your machine.
- Again select the “Go To Folder…” item in the “Go” menu.
- This time enter the following path:
- In the current Finder window the content of the HAL folder should show up.
- Find the “mimoLiveVirtualAudio.driver” file and move it to the trash. You may be prompted to enter an administrator password for your machine.
- Restart your Mac.